Tuesday, October 8, 2019

We become like the Savior as we become converted to Him

A few exchanges and things this week. What do you wanna hear? Probably none of it. 

This week though, we got hooked with fruit. We had mangos, bananas, apples, peaches, nectarines, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries. Probably mango is my favourite. Just in case you were wondering. 

So this week went like a billion miles an hour. We had MLC on Tuesday and that was... Well touching. But we will get to that later. 








After MLC we had exchanges with Elder Goulding. Oddly enough I'd never been on an exchange with him. Then we had another  exchange with Elder Eggen and Elder Cepeda. They are the only Spanish missionaries and are serving in SLO!!! Oh I'm so jealous of them. SLO is literally the best. Literally. It was a super stellar day.

And then of course General Conference was amazing and Jonathan E watched it!!!!! This is huge!!!!!! Big step for him and now he will come to church and then be ready as he continues to repent for baptism. 

We saw a pretty cool miracle with Kapono. So his whole family is totally less active. Like completely apostate. Except his sister who is 17, she started coming a couple of weeks ago. Well after Kaponos baptism and a day had passed, his mother said, "Well now that Kapono is involved and Angel is doing more, we are all going to start coming back to church." We totally panicked in the best way possible!! They watched Conference and are further ready to be fully active. Oh my what a miracle. 




Ok now back to MLC.  Whenever we have MLC, we give those going home a few minutes to bear a departing testimony. Usually in zone Conference we do the same but since Elder Lynn G Robbins was at our zone Conference and no one got to. Which means this MLC I got to bear my departing testimony. I've had some very inspiring moments when my leaders bore there testimonies so it was something I looked up to every month but now it was me... Kinda weird. I calculated going to 18 MLCs over the course of my mission and it was just weird to think I was the oldest in the mission. Seems unfair. Anyway earlier this transfer I felt like I had been below average in the Christlike attribute side of things throughout the course of my mission. I personally didn't think it was as much of our purpose as studying the doctrine of the 42 points we teach in our lessons. So that's where I spent my time. Studying the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the Restoration of His gospel and church and the great Plan of Salvation. But when I bore my testimony it occurred that "studying doctrine changes behaviour faster than studying behaviour changes behaviour" I had become SO MUCH More like the Savior just by learning what He taught and becoming converted to Him and His gospel. It was actually an answer to prayers because I felt like I should maybe have studied more about the Christlike attributes but now I see the whole picture. I am grateful for the Savior. He lives! He loves us! And I do love Him. 



Love yah!  Please pray Jenny and Rosy that they will remember their master🙃

Elder Pilling

3301 W Gonzales Rd, 
Oxnard CA  93036

No comments:

Post a Comment