Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Teach with Conviction

This week was mighty zone Conference week! Santa Maria, Ventura, and Newbury Park. And I know that doesn't mean much to any of you but Santa Maria is a farmers' city pretty much. Vineyards and orchards. It's about 2 hrs up the coast. Then Ventura is 10 mins across the freeway, and then Newbury Park is 25 mins down the freeway. Pretty simple. 







I don't really know what to say...i drove to Santa Maria and hit 50 000 miles on the Nakken's Avalon so that was a big step for us all. I guess I could share with you what I spoke about, or maybe just the closing remarks of my discussion. Is that OK? 

My topic "Teach with Conviction" 

Here's how it kind of went

Among others things shared let's turn to DC 100:5-8 which reads 
"5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
   6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
   7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
   8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say."

If you skipped the scripture, read it before moving on. 

In these verses we see a commandment and a blessing. The commandment is to teach in the name of Jesus Christ. We need to ensure we always close our lessons in His name and while we teach we need to make sure we are being consistent with our calling. When we do this, the promise is that the Holy Ghost will be "shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say" 

I know that I, myself has not converted anyone. But I do know that the Holy Ghost has worked in the hearts and minds of those I've taught. I know that if we desire to teach with Conviction, we need to teach in Him who sent us. Our Saviour Jesus Christ. As we do this, the Spirit will be able testify and fulfill the Conversion of the individual we teach. There can be no distractions, no empty commitments, no off topic discussions, because this is the greatest cause, the greatest challenge and the greatest work on the earth today. God lives and His promises are real. I know they are, and I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, 
Amen. 

Love 

Elder Pilling 





P. S. I may or may not send any emails for the following 2 Mondays. The next Monday we pick up new missionaries and stuff and the following Monday after that we have MLC with Elder Lynn G. Robins!



3301 W Gonzales Rd, 
Oxnard CA  93036

No comments:

Post a Comment